- I was so excited to try this highlighter because of the cool lavender shade! The new Becca lavender highlighter caught my attention so I was really hoping this could be my cheaper alternative! After trying it, I was pleasantly surprised, it offers a subtle lavender that ended up being flattering on my skin tone. My issue with it was the pigmentation of the highlighter. It’s not POPPIN ya know? I tried it out and to really get an actual highlight, you need to layer it on because of how little it’s pigmented. I’m a little disappointed but I’ll try it again later and maybe I’ll learn to love it.
Two Soo AE facemasks, a black charcoal mask and a green tea mask (retails $2.50 and $1.50 respectively)
- So I totally ended up using the black charcoal mask before taking all these pictures so I’m sorry for the lack of visual aids however, since I used it, I can tell you about it! It’s a super hydrating sheet mask that is DRENCHED in this gooey gel that’s supposed to “purify” your skin. Honestly, I don’t use masks very often so my honest opinion is that it was refreshing however I don’t think it made any difference to my skin. I’ve yet to try the green tea one but as soon as I do, I’ll add my thoughts!
- This is a creamy black eyeliner, perfect to tightline. I’m not crazy about this product since I don’t use pencil liner, however it’ll be perfect for tighlining the water line on my upper lash line (for seamless eyeliner)
- I’ve been wanting to try this for so long! It’s an anti-aging under eye concealer that’s waterproof with full coverage! I actually emailed IPSY to ask for this to be included in my glam bag this month because from everything I’ve heard, this stuff is AMAZING! Now I haven’t actually tried it yet since the concealer is actually really tiny so I don’t want to waste any. Again, as soon as I do try it, I’ll let you guys know what I think!
- I’m actually really glad I got this because I didn’t own any fan brushes before! This brush is really soft and works. I took a bit of issue with the colour and the fact that the ends of the bristles (the purple) was sloppy and uneven. To me that’s something that speaks to the quality of the brush and tells me it was made poorly. Otherwise however, I’ve only used it on the calypso highlighter and considering the pigmentation was weak in it, the fan brush worked well!
Ultimately, I was disappointed with the products considering the cost of the glam bag. Living in Canada, this ended up costing me around $20 with shipping. I was originally under the impression that this would be somewhere around $10 so since it ended up being more costly, I’m not sure it’s worth it for me. This was my very first ipsy bag and will probably be my last one.